Sunday, March 7, 2010

Favourites for March

Summer has ended and so has my most recent bout of work, my 'still stretching out the holidays' feeling and the newness of moving. These are the things currently fuelling my inspiration to get up, get out and start moving to where I want to go.

Both The Drifter and The Gypsy and Daydream Lily have been around for a long time, and so while each blog inspires on a daily basis, they are also excellent resources for long reading sessions. I've spent many a rainy Sunday afternoon poring over the archives of both and have followed countless links to the sites of artists, photographers and writers I would have never found without these lovely girl's help.



Having now moved out of home, I'm really getting to flex my cooking muscles and see just how far they can take me. With this has come a newfound love for food and cooking blogs and Everybody Likes Sandwiches has been a favourite from the start. Exactly as described in the header; an uncomplicated journal about food, Everybody Loves Sandwiches combines a good variety of stellar recipes with great photos (always a must for food I think) and just as great, inviting writing. Just thinking about this site makes my mouthwater. Check it out, I guarantee your tastebuds will thank you for it.


Just quickly on another food find, did everybody else know about Nigella Lawson's amazing website? With hundreds of the "domestic Goddess's" recipes freely accessible, plus more added by members and a thriving forum, it's pretty much foodie heaven.

Finally, off the web and on to the screen, I'm getting really excited about seeing A Single Man. I procured a poster for the film from somewhere, and it's been sitting folded in my room for weeks now silently stunning me. "Sometimes, awful things have their own kind of beauty"...I'm hoping the film blows me away as much as the poster does.



BuzzChildxx

No comments:

Post a Comment