Saturday, August 1, 2009

sugar and spice and all things nice

It has been said that all people consider their mother to be the best cook in the world. In a world of increasingly tempting packaged and pre-prepared foods, my mother bought me up on a diet of homemade baking and cooking, and for this I am immensely grateful. As I've grown older I've learned to love making and sharing food myself, particularly sweets and cakes, and have started voraciously hording cookbooks and recipes to fuel my future planned cooking extravaganzas.

Swedish photographer Therese Aldgård and prop stylist Lisa Edsälv created these amazing 'designer cupcakes' which look far too good to possibly eat, and inspire me to try my hand at more structured decoration. Check out the bright red of the Louboutin cake!

Pictures from Hint Blog

Today my mother and I have made vanilla icecream and meringue chocolate truffle cake for my family birthday dinner. Hopefully they shall be delicious!

BuzzChildxx

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous! Much too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the betsey johnson ones are my favourite. They are too prtty.

    ReplyDelete