Sunday, June 7, 2009

Highlights and Lowlights

The two highlights of my Saturday couldn't have been much different.

Notes on a Scandal is one of the most fantastic movies I've seen in a long time; I sat down to drink some tea when my parents put it on yesterday afternoon and before I knew it, an hour and a half had passed and the film was drawing to a close.

Here's the trailer, I definitely recommend it.


On a completely different note, my mother and I have been much excited to find the newest series of Australia's Next Top Model is being uploaded to youtube. My mother is the most unlikely fan and we get far too involved in the show's politics. Because in Australia the girls are allowed to be as young as sixteen, there have been some rather nasty cat fights and a lot of tears and tantrums and it can be hard to keep up with who's on who's side from week to week.

We picked our favourites in the first week have been barracking one-sidedly ever since.

My favourite: Claire - the blonde sitting on the left - has the most exceptional compsure and maturity for a sixteen year old. Mum's: Maddie -sitting groundlevel in the middle with the crazy beautiful blonde hair - unfortunately got eliminated a couple of weeks back.

Anyway, all this viewing has left my essay feeling a little rejected, and as there's still a good few thousand words to write, tomorrow I'll be taking my extra day off and getting down to business.

I hope you find something lovely to start the week with,

BuzzChildxx

No comments:

Post a Comment